Damian Burgess is a world class operator with a passion for the law and over 40 years’ experience. He is dedicated to delivering the best possible result for his clients.
With a phenomenal track record of more than 40 years’ practice in the law, Damian Burgess brings an unmatched level of enthusiasm and commitment to his position at Burgess Thomson. He is armed with over 40 years’ legal experience and a personal approach that’s both open and honest.
Damian is widely recognised as one of Newcastle’s best lawyers and clients feel confident in Damian’s well established reputation, practical experience and professional judgement.
Damian’s commitment to achieving exceptional results is unwavering. He executes his work with exacting attention to detail, striving to achieve outstanding outcomes for clients which consistently exceed their expectations. His long list of repeat clients is testament to this.
Damian is a well-known and highly respected lawyer advising on legal issues affecting businesses and individuals in the Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Maitland, Port Stephens and broader Hunter region.
Areas of Practice
- Residential and commercial property conveyancing
- Commercial and retail leases
- Estate planning including wills, testamentary trusts, life interest trusts, enduring powers of attorney, appointments of enduring guardians
- Deceased estates including applications for probate and letters of administration
- Disputes involving deceased estates, including contested wills and family provision claims
- Commercial dispute resolution
- Business law including business sale and purchase transactions
- Business structures and asset protection
- Unit and discretionary trusts and companies
- Self Managed Superannuation Funds
- Diploma in Law, Solicitors Admission Board
- Supreme Court of New South Wales
- High Court of Australia
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Newcastle Law Society
Get In Touch With Damian Burgess
Fill in our contact form to arrange a consultation with Damian. Please include any details regarding your legal matter.