Property Finance Law

Property Law & Conveyancing

We offer expert legal advice when it comes to Your property finance

The team at Burgess Thomson are here to offer our legal and technical expertise when it comes to all areas of property finance. Property investment has quickly become Australia’s leading industry, with its significance expected to increase in the years to come. Burgess Thomson recognise the importance of having a strong property finance team to assist in property acquisition and development.

Our experienced property lawyers are at the forefront of the market, providing advice for lenders and borrowers. There are inherent costs and risks with lending finances. In the event of a dispute, it is essential for all parties to have an understanding of the National Credit Code. At Burgess Thomson we can confidently advise in relation to the National Credit Code and give the necessary legal guidance to our clients.

“I’ve been absolutely blown away by the knowledge and professionalism of James Thomson in the guidance he has given me around a new commercial lease. I wish we had of been able to use his expertise on previous leases to help us navigate the pitfalls. Highly recommend!”
Burgess Thompson Reviews
Garreth McBride

arrange a consultation with one of our experienced licensed conveyancers or conveyancing solicitors in Newcastle


Why do you need professional legal advice when buying/selling property?

When buying or selling property, there is a contract involved. It is wise to consult legal guidance whenever you are signing a contract. When making a large financial decision, such as property investment, seeking advice from a legal team can give the client a sense of security with the transaction and help avoid any pitfalls or misunderstandings.


When should I seek legal advice about my property investment?

If you are thinking of investing in property, you should get in touch with your legal advisor as soon as possible. The sooner your solicitor is involved in the property acquisition process, the more essential advise and guidance you will receive.

Arrange a consultation with experienced Conveyancers in Newcastle