Business & Commercial Law
Legal Advice For Buying and Selling Businesses
Buying A Business
Buying a business is an exciting and transformative endeavour. However, with countless variables to consider, ensuring that your interests are protected is paramount. At Burgess Thomson, we’re your strategic partners in the journey to a successful business acquisition.
How Our Business Purchase Lawyers Can Help
- Assessing Opportunities: Our team will work closely with you to assess potential business opportunities, conduct due diligence, and identify key considerations specific to the business you are acquiring.
- Negotiating Terms: We can assist you in negotiating favourable terms, ensuring that the purchase agreement reflects your interests, and that the transaction is conducted in compliance with relevant regulations.
- Drafting and Reviewing Contracts: Our expert business purchase lawyers will draft, review, and revise contracts for the sale of business, ensuring that all legal documentation is robust, comprehensive, and designed to protect your interests.
- Ensuring Compliance: We’ll help you navigate the complexities of regulatory compliance, licensing, and permits required for the acquisition, ensuring a smooth transition of ownership.
- Risk Management: We’ll identify potential risks associated with the acquisition and provide proactive solutions to mitigate these risks, safeguarding your investment.
Be independently advised by a Business & Commercial lawyer. Arrange a consultation with our lawyers today.
Selling A Business
Selling a business can be both rewarding and complex. At Burgess Thomson, our team of skilled business sale lawyers will guide you through the intricacies of selling your business, ensuring a smooth, successful, and beneficial transaction.
How Our Business Sale Lawyers Can Help
- Valuation and Pricing: Our team will assist you in determining a fair and market-based valuation for your business, positioning you to negotiate favourable sale terms.
- Preparing for Sale: We’ll help you prepare for the sale by advising on business structuring, financial considerations, and key aspects that may impact the value of your business.
- Negotiating with Prospective Buyers: Our skilled team will assist you in navigating negotiations with potential buyers, ensuring that the terms of the sale align with your interests.
- Drafting and Reviewing Contracts: Our business sale lawyers will draft, review, and finalise the contract for sale of business, ensuring that all legal documentation is comprehensive, robust, and serves to protect your interests.
- Ensuring Compliance: We’ll guide you through the legal and regulatory requirements associated with selling a business, ensuring compliance and a seamless transition of ownership.
Expert Business Lawyers in Newcastle
At Burgess Thomson, we’re committed to providing personalised, effective, and timely legal solutions for your business transactions. Whether you’re buying or selling a business, we’re your trusted partners, ready to navigate the complexities with you. With our dedicated team at your side, you can confidently embrace new opportunities, secure in the knowledge that your business transactions are in expert hands.
Our team of business lawyers in Newcastle is dedicated to understanding your unique business needs and crafting agreements that safeguard your interests while promoting a smooth and successful transaction. We pride ourselves on our proactive approach, ensuring that all agreements are meticulously drafted to avoid potential disputes and legal issues down the line.
Our specialist business and commercial lawyers can help with:
- Business structures
- Lease terms
- Put and Call options
- Goodwill and valuation of business assets
- Tax considerations
- Liaison with financial institutions
- Transfers of liquor licences and poker machine entitlements
- Transfers of equipment licences
- Franchising agreements
- Arranging due diligence searches and inspections
- Organising and attending settlement