Few lawyers can boast they have studied at Harvard Law School – but James Thomson is one of them.
Having recently completed Harvard Law School’s Program on Negotiation in Boston, USA, James implements his cutting edge negotiation skills for the benefit of his clients.
Widely respected within the profession, James is a tenacious negotiator who provides his clients with the highest quality legal advice and outstanding client service.
James has worked exceptionally hard to earn an unrivalled reputation for outstanding legal results. His dedication and commitment to providing incomparable service have achieved ongoing success for his clients.
With a high percentage of referral business, James’s long list of repeat clients endorse his talent for providing clients with exceptional legal advice that is commercial, practical and effective.
James is a well-known and highly respected lawyer with over 19 years’ experience working in local law firms in Newcastle, top tier law firms in Sydney, and international law firms in London. He specialises in:
- Residential and commercial property conveyancing
- Commercial and retail leases
- Estate planning including wills, testamentary trusts, life interest trusts, enduring powers of attorney, appointments of enduring guardians
- Deceased estates including applications for probate and letters of administration
- Disputes involving deceased estates, including contested wills and family provision claims
- Commercial dispute resolution
- Business law including business sale and purchase transactions
- Business structures and asset protection
- Unit and discretionary trusts and companies
- Self Managed Superannuation Funds
- Building and construction law
- Employment law
James holds a Master of Laws degree from The University of Sydney, focusing on property law, business & commercial law, trusts, wills and estate planning, negotiation, dispute resolution and mediation.
He also has a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) degree and a Bachelor of Laws degree from The University of New South Wales, along with a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice from The College of Law.
James has completed the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School and National Mediation Accreditation Training at The Resolution Institute. He is a member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners.
James is admitted to practice as a Lawyer of the Supreme Court of NSW and the High Court of Australia. He holds an unrestricted practising certificate to practice as a Principal Solicitor in NSW from the Law Society of NSW.
Call (02) 4929 5602 to arrange an appointment with James Thomson at Burgess Thomson.